Lose Weight Quickly with Five Metabolism Boosters
Science has proven that in order to lose weight successfully, a person must eat fewer calories. This can occur by eating healthy foods (such as foods high in fiber) or by burning calories. Metabolism boosters like staying active, drinking plenty of water and getting enough sleep are also extremely important components for dieters to consider when they want to lose weight quickly.
Your metabolism is the rate at which you burn calories, which are used for all bodily functions. Walking, thinking, eating, sleeping, pumping blood and digesting food all require calories. Each cell in your body needs energy to carry out its specific job. Thus, the faster your personal metabolism, the more calories you naturally burn. Many things can affect a person’s metabolic rate (age, gender, and genetics are included). However, there are many things you can do to help boost your metabolism, including the five metabolism boosters below. By boosting your metabolism, you can lose weight quickly and with less effort.
- Eating Many Small Meals Each Day: Many dieters think skipping meals will get them on the track to weight loss. However, not eating can be devastating for your body and can make you retain more weight overall. When you skip a meal, your brain goes into starvation mode and starts holding all calories consumed, most often turning them to fat. Eating small meals throughout the day (every three hours or so) can help fuel your metabolism and stimulate thermogenesis (energy needed to digest food).
- Get Moving: Aerobic exercise has many cardiovascular benefits. However, it’s also great for your metabolism and can help you lose weight quickly. Walking, running, biking and other aerobic movement can help boost your metabolism in no time. Of course, you should talk with your doctor before starting an exercise program and start slow when you do begin. Try walking for ten minutes per day, slowly increasing your time and distance walking.
- Drink Plenty Of Water: Water is one of the most essential things your body needs for functioning. In fact, many studies show the more water you drink, the more your metabolism increases. In turn, the more your metabolism increases, the easier you can lose weight quickly.
- Detoxification Can Help: A buildup of toxins within your body can greatly limit the ability your body has to burn fat. It can also greatly slow down your metabolic rate. So, it’s vital you cleanse and detoxify your body. The body has a natural detoxification process and you can help support it with herbal internal cleansing formulas, colon hydrotherapy or by eating a high-fiber diet (like the Fiber35 Diet).
- Get Enough Sleep: There have been numerous studies done proving there is a real link between sleep deprivation and low energy, overeating and lack of exercise. Not getting enough sleep can make it impossible for the body to balance leptin and ghrelin (two important hormones that register fullness and hunger). Thus, you may feel hungry when you shouldn’t if you are sleep deprived. Getting at least 8 hours of sleep per night is essential for metabolism boosting if you want to lose weight quickly.